T R I M Agency is seeking a Backend Engineer to join our startup studio. The ideal candidate will not only love to code, but love to see companies grow from zero to launch.
T R I M Agency is a startup studio and practitioners of agile development. We have solved enterprise problems through technology for billion-dollar corporations, but our passion is building products for startups through an accelerated co-founder-as-a-service offering. For every project, we form micro teams of one designer, one developer, and one strategist. Our portfolio companies have raised over $3.6 million in funding over the last 18 months, and we are preparing for the next cohort of companies to build, launch, and grow within our portfolio.
We expect our Backend Engineer candidate to own a consultancy mindset, self-start on product features, and maintain sprint responsibility week-to-week by working closely with product owners and teammates. Our culture is fostered through instituting the importance of the 8 TLC’s (Exercise, Diet, Nature, Service, Relationships, Recreation, Relaxation / Stress Management, and Spiritual Health), and we structure our weekly sprints to include both “inspo days”, as well as paid investment time on Fridays. We are also the “Coolest Office in South Florida” (as named by South Florida Business Journal, 2015), creators of General Provision coworking, and home to Broward’s first coding Bootcamp. You can find our HQ in Fort Lauderdale, but our clients are all over the country.
You will be responsible for:
- Designing and prototyping new services and applications
- Building and maintaining GraphQL APIs and Microservices
- Improving and optimizing existing backend systems
Here is what you must have:
- Experience working with and understanding CI/CD and support patterns
- Expertise in Node.js
- Experience building GraphQL APIs and Microservices
- Experience with Yoga, Prisma
- Expertise in security best practices and authentication protocols such as SAML, OAuth, Token-based authentication.
- Expertise in best practices, design patterns, architecture, and data modeling.
- Experience working in Typescript
- Comfortable using GitLab, Asana, and Slack.
- Excellent communication skills, strong writing and presentation skills
Nice to haves:
- Hands-on experience with Kubernetes: Cluster maintenance, logging monitoring, security, troubleshooting.
- Hands-on experience with Ingress of Nginx DevOps tools: Jenkins, Ansible, Git, Gitlabs CI/CD, Docker Network and security management for hybrid environment Cloud Architect Certification on Multi-Cloud Platforms.
- BS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or another related field
- Experience in front-end web technologies such as Angular, React, Vue
We evaluate our hires in this prioritized order:
- Communication Skills
- Cultural Fit
- Leadership Quality
- Depth of Specialty
Salary and benefits commensurate with experience.